MEMBER LOGIN / register
This event is open for all professionals interested or currently working in Starups in Hanoi, or supply chai professionals in Hanoi, or who are interested in looking for business collaboration for U.S. market through meeting with a delegation of Baylor University (U.S.), Executive Master Program.
Involved in carry out, application and maintenance of the company processing system.
Manage business relationship with co-workers, stakeholders, suppliers and customers
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services, in the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods as well as building technology.
Vietnam Empowerment Symposium 2014
Fri - 14/11/2014 @ 08:30
100 tickets remaining
Friday, 14th November 2014, 08:30 – 13:30
Ho Chi Minh CIty
In general management
Employee empowerment is a practical strategy that the leading companies in this country have developed and employed with phenomenal success. It is noticed that a number of companies in various industries have worked on developing 07 elements which can be used to accurately observe and measure indices normally thought to be purely subjective. These elements are Authority, Resources, Information Access, Skill Set, Alignment, Self-Determination, and Accountability. Employee empowerment has been defined in many ways but generally means the process of allowing employees to have input and control over their work, and the ability to openly share suggestions and ideas about their work and the organization as a whole. Empowered employees are committed, loyal and conscientious. They are eager to share ideas and can serve as strong ambassadors for their organizations.
Employee empowerment brings:
Improve Productivity - Reduce Costs
Better Customer Service
In supply chain management
Some scholars have been so blunt as to claim that information technology is the answer to all the problems facing supply chain managers. We posit that, although information technology integration is necessary for a supply chain to succeed, people are also crucial for supply chain management to succeed. We further propose that managers must take into consideration organizational culture and the education and training of employees to facilitate supply chain collaboration and success. Management of people is crucial to supply chain integration, and is improved through an accommodating organizational culture.
The objective of the Vietnam Empowerment Symposium is to encourage continuous improvement & practice sharing between enterprises in employee, talent empowerment for strengthened supply chain and organizations.
The symposium format is designed to be a mix of:
• Showcase / Shared Stories of Top Empowerment Enterprises in Vietnam
Datalogic Scanning Vietnam
Schneider Electric / Clipsal Vietnam
Tan Hiep Phat
• Fishbowl Discussion
At the same time, many unpanel-styled concentric circular arrangement of seats whereby an inner ring of people discusses specific topics in talent employment.
• Ignite Talk
Series of multi 10-minute-talks of max 20 slides as visuals shared by different experts for ideas, practices, lessons in talent empowerment in Vietnam and Asia.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Directors, Managers in Human Resources
Supply Chain, General Management
• Email to book your attendance at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at this online registration form.
ELEMENTS OF EMPOWERMENT
What follows are some brief definitions of what we mean by each of the elements above.
• Authority - ability of a team to take action, e.g. to budget, to have access to a petty cash fund, etc.
• Self-determination - ability of a team to decide what problems to work on and what methods are the best ones to use.
• Alignment - a scale which measures how close an employee's personal needs are aligned to the organization's needs.
• Skills - the ability of a team to analyze and solve problems.
• Resources - those items necessary for a team to understand a problem and implement solutions; also, the time to work on solutions, access to manufacturing engineers, etc.
• Information - ability of a team to have access to information, computers, financial figures, etc.
• Accountability - a scale which measures the level of accountability for a team's actions and results.
Vietnam Supply Chain
Unit 201, 2nd Floor, 49 Bui Dinh Tuy,
Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam Supply Chain is the leading dynamic independent platform for over 11,000 supply chain professionals in Vietnam and oversea to learn, share, and network effectively.