MEMBER LOGIN / register
This event is open for all professionals interested or currently working in Starups in Hanoi, or supply chai professionals in Hanoi, or who are interested in looking for business collaboration for U.S. market through meeting with a delegation of Baylor University (U.S.), Executive Master Program.
Involved in carry out, application and maintenance of the company processing system.
Manage business relationship with co-workers, stakeholders, suppliers and customers
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services, in the areas of automotive and industrial technology, consumer goods as well as building technology.
OPERATIONS MANAGER - CARGILL
About the company
3rd floor, Dai Minh Center, 77 Hoang Van Thai Street, District 7, HCM
Contact person: Tran Thuy Trang
Company size: 1,000-4,999
Cargill Vietnam Limited was established in October 1995. Nowadays, we have over 1500 employees across 10 locations throughout the country. Our operations in Vietnam include:
• Animal Nutrition
• Food and Beverage Ingredients
• Grain and Oilseeds
The responsibilities of this position are to ensure the efficiency in import/export handling, domestic procurement, storage and distribution of grains and proteins around Vietnam.
This role requires the individual to lead and coordinate the following areas to highest possible standards in alignment with Company’s expectations and guidelines:
• Port operations & logistics
• Container & bulk vessel handling
• Warehouse requirements & management
• Cargo handling operations processes
• Food safety and quality reliability (FSQR) standards
• Environment, health and safety (EHS) compliance
• Inventory and cost management
• Liaising with cargo handling agents, shipping Lines, customs & other government bodies
• Customer service, quality management and operations efficiency
30% Risk Management (EHS & FSQR):
1. Ensure safety has a high profile in the overall operations of the business and support the implementation of our Achieve Zero Safety strategies and programs.
2. Ensure continuous compliance with all EHS, FSQR, process safety grain handling standards, operations policies and procedures and facility security.
3. Coordinate with contractors on work safety and compliance to company requirements.
4. Manage the EHS scorecard
5. FSQR - Develop and implement stringent Food safety and Quality measures, developing appropriate controls, and work towards Zero Food safety and Quality incidents
50% Operational Efficiency, Inventory Control & Management:
1. To supervise & efficiently handle the import & export, warehousing & distribution of cargo
2. Lead and implement effective inventory management program to minimize shrink, damages, prevent unplanned condition problems, meet customer requirements and ensure ethical standards are in place
3. Ensure quality management through pest control / housekeeping program, and no goods deterioration as a result of long turnover time and poor warehouse conditions
4. Manage warehouse & plant logistics to minimize cost and optimize efficiency
5. Maintain and circulate daily grain/cargo inventory MIS reports
6. Coordinate with port authorities, customs, shipping lines and manage vessel discharge and containerized cargo operations in line with its SOPs
7. Leverage and share best practices across the region
10% Capital Effectiveness & Reliability Excellence:
1. Assist in feasibility study and financial analysis of build projects wherever required
2. Operate and maintain the projects as per Cargill standards and guidelines
10% Talent Management:
1. Effective manage performance and have regular discussions on performance issues and career development goals with direct reports with the objective of building a high performance team
2. Identify and provide appropriate technical training for employees
3. Conducts training with operators and contractors as needed
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelors’ Degree (Preferably in Science or Agriculture or Commerce)
• Minimum 3-5 years working experience in grains handling or food products environment or in an export/import cargo handling process. Experience in managing 3rd party contractors would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of import and export regulations in Vietnam
• Knowledge regarding vessel handling and discharge, and containerized cargo shipments
• Knowledge in cost and warehouse management
• Team player and adaptable to changing business/market conditions
• Innovative problem-solver
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively in English
• Good time-management skills
• Strong in processes & procedures
• Open to travelling 25% of the time